*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are planning on buying a new car, you’ll need to think about how durable it will be. Toyota has a reputation for being high-quality vehicles. So, how long can you expect your Camry to last?
Most Camrys will be able to last for over 200,000 miles. If you take care of it, it will be able to do 300,000 miles. Depending on how frequently you drive it, you should be able to get at least 15-20 years from your Camry.
In general, your Camry will last for many years, but this isn’t a guarantee. There are plenty of factors that will affect its lifespan.
Keep reading to learn more about these elements so you can keep your Camry on the road for as long as possible.
How Long Does The Average Camry Last?
In most cases, the best way to judge how long a vehicle will last is by looking at the number of miles it can go before it starts needing major repairs that cost more than it’s worth. This will give us a reliable way of comparing to other brands.
In this case, a Camry will often be able to last for over 200,000 miles. In some cases, it might even be able to last for closer to 300,000 miles. This is an impressive achievement, which a lot of other brands won’t be able to replicate.
As a result, it is one of the most reliable family cars on the market with incredible longevity.
Now that we know how many miles a Camry will last, it should be fairly easy to determine how long it will last for. It’s estimated that the average person will drive around 13,500 miles per year. In this case, you will be able to get between 15-20 years of life from your Camry.
This durability comes with another advantage. It will be easier for you to sell a used Camry if you decide to upgrade.
Though there might be plenty of miles on the odometer, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the car will be in poor condition. This is partly why Camrys have such high resale value.
Why Does The Camry Have Such A Long Lifespan?
Toyota prides itself on making durable vehicles. There are a few reasons why they are known for lasting so long.
First, Toyota has a history of constructing its cars using proven technology. While they might not be as flashy as the latest sports car, they will be more reliable.
They also take a lot of care when constructing their vehicles. For example, they will put a lot of welds into the car.
This ensures that the body will hold together strongly. If there is less flex and wear on the car, it will be able to last for longer.
What Affects Car Durability
While the number of miles a car should go is a useful measurement, there is no guarantee that the car will actually be able to do this. This is because of the other factors that will affect durability.
Let’s look at some of the most notable ones:
- How often you service the vehicle. It’s important to make sure that you service the vehicle frequently. This will let you identify and fix mechanical problems before they become major problems.
- The popularity of the car. One of the best parts of the Camry is how popular the vehicles are. This ensures that it will be easy for you to get replacement parts.
- The way you drive. This might start to have an impact on the amount of wear the engine experiences.
We’ll discuss some tips that you can use to boost the longevity of your car a little later.
How Reliable Is The Camry?
Just because a car will last for a long time doesn’t necessarily mean that it will be reliable. The reliability of the car will be determined by looking at the number of mechanical issues it typically experiences.
The good news is the Camry ranks fairly well in this area. You shouldn’t have a lot of engine problems.
According to research by J.D. Power, it has a reliability score of 84 out of 100. This puts it into the upper tier, helping it stand out from the pack.
Furthermore, if you are purchasing a new Camry, it will come with a warranty. This will last for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
This will give you some peace of mind, letting you know that you will be able to get any mechanical problems taken care of for at least the first few years.
Tips To Extend The Lifespan Of Your Camry
How long your Camry will last will often depend on the way that you care for it. Here are some of the best tips that you can use:
- Book regular services. You will need to do this every 10,000 to 15,000 miles. If you aren’t driving too often, you might only need to get it serviced once a year. This ensures that you will be able to detect any problems early and get them fixed fast. It will also make sure that simple things like oil and brake fluid are kept topped up.
- Drive a little slower. One of the easiest ways to protect the engine is by taking your journey a little slower. The faster you drive, the more strain you will be putting on the engine.
- Warm the engine up slowly. During the winter months, you should warm up the engine. To do this, you will need to drive slower for the first ten minutes of your journey. After this, you will be able to speed up as you normally would.
- Shift gears carefully. One of the most common mistakes made when driving is grinding the gears, rather than slowing down to change them. This will wear out the transmission. In some cases, you might need to replace the transmission entirely, which can be a very expensive procedure.
- Stop before putting the car into park. Finally, you should make sure that the car comes to a complete stop before you put it into park. If you don’t do this, you will be putting a lot of pressure on the parking pawl. This is a small lever that locks the brakes into place and stops the car from rolling away.
These are simple steps, which should only require a few adjustments to implement. But they will make a huge difference in extending the longevity of the vehicle.
This can end up saving you thousands of dollars over the lifetime of your car.
When you purchase a new car, you expect something that will be built to last. The good news is that the Camry has a strong reputation.
Most Camrys will last over 200,000 miles. They can even go past 300,000 miles. This makes them some of the most reliable, durable cars on the market.
You should be able to get at least 15 years from a Camry if not even 20+ years. If you apply some of our driving tips, you might be able to continue using it for a lot longer.